Saturday, August 28, 2010

Memory Board Re-do

I had this memory board that I got a second hand store a while ago that was itching for a update. 
135
I took the old ribbon and the buttons off but kept the blue fabric on since it was already padded. I used some black and white fabric that I had along with some ribbon and black buttons.
136
I stapled the fabric on and saved the corners last.  I added a larger ribbon to the back so that I could hand it and then tied a bow on.
148
It needed a personal touch so I used an old drawer knob that I had laying around, painted it black and hand painted the letter L on it.  I rubbed some antique stain on and then applied a coat of varnish.  I drilled the hole in the back of the knob a little bigger and then glued a nail in.
154
Here is the finished board ready for some pictures!
157
Much better than the boring blue that it used to be!

1 comment:

  1. So cute! I love the fabric and the drawer knob idea:) Thanks for your visit and sweet comment!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails