I had this memory board that I got a second hand store a while ago that was itching for a update. I took the old ribbon and the buttons off but kept the blue fabric on since it was already padded. I used some black and white fabric that I had along with some ribbon and black buttons. I stapled the fabric on and saved the corners last. I added a larger ribbon to the back so that I could hand it and then tied a bow on. It needed a personal touch so I used an old drawer knob that I had laying around, painted it black and hand painted the letter L on it. I rubbed some antique stain on and then applied a coat of varnish. I drilled the hole in the back of the knob a little bigger and then glued a nail in. Here is the finished board ready for some pictures! Much better than the boring blue that it used to be!
Fall is just around the corner and I thought I would share a picture of my mantel that I did last year for Halloween.
I bought 3 white pumpkins and used acrylic paints to paint the letters on them. Used some fall garland along with an assortment of pumpkins and some other items to finish it off.
After Halloween was over I couldn't really part with the pumpkins since I paid $4 each for them! I simply turned the pumpkins around and hand painted some leaf shapes and painted them in! Then I applied a coat of clear varnish to make them stand out more. I changed up some of the decorations and had a fall mantel decoration to replace the Halloween one.
Here is a close up of the pumpkins before I put them up on the mantel. I just loved doing these!